The school has a uniform which is proudly worn by the children. Branded uniform items can be purchased from Price and Buckland online at www.pbuniform-online.co.uk/godmanchestercommunity; however, there is no expectation that pupils wear branded uniform.
Our expectation for school uniform is based on the notion that school uniform:
- Promotes a sense of pride in the school.
- Identifies the children with the school.
- Provides a sense of community and belonging.
- Creates peer equality in terms of appearance.
- Is practical and smart.
- Is designed with health and safety in mind.
Our Uniform Expectations:
- Navy blue sweatshirt, cardigan or fleece.
- Grey or black skirts, trousers, knee-length shorts or pinafores
- Blue gingham dress
- White or navy blue polo shirt
- Sensible, plain black shoes
- Plain grey, black or navy blue tights or socks
Our PE Kit Expectations:
- House colour T-shirts (Edwards - Red, Peacock - Blue, Smith - Yellow, Thomas - Green)
- Navy or black shorts (indoor PE and warmer weather)
- Navy or black tracksuit bottoms and sweatshirt (outdoor games ONLY)
- Trainers for outdoor games (laced or velcro)
- Swimming trunks or one piece swimming suit (shorts are not allowed)
- Swimming cap
Jewellery & Makeup
On health and safety grounds, we do not allow children to wear jewellery other than stud earrings and a simple analogue or digital watch (no smart watches permitted), in our school. Children must remove these items during PE and games to prevent them from causing injury. If removal is not possible, children must wear a flat-backed 'stopper'
No makeup or nail varnish should be worn in school
All uniform should be clearly named with both first name and last initial.
Lost property will be collected and any named items will be returned to their owners. Un-named items will be stored centrally. Lost property still unclaimed after each half-term will be donated to the school or local charities.