Local Governing Committee
The Local Governing Committee
The responsible authority of Godmanchester Community Academy is the board of trustees of The ACES Academies Trust. Responsibilities are delegated to the Local Governing Committee in line with the Trust Scheme of Delegation.
Our LGC is made up of three types fo governor: staff elected, parent elected and community governors.
The LGC must have a good balance of experience and the skills required to monitor and support a school's performance and to make evidence-based strategic decisions. The LGC act in the following ways:
- Together with the Co-Head Teachers, they are responsible for making sure our school provides good quality education.
- They provide challenge and support to the Co-Head Teachers and the Leadership team, drawing on their knowledge and experience outside of the school environment.
- They report on school achievements and respond to inspection recommendations.
- They hear appeals from pupils and staff and consider complaints.
- They ask searching questions and act as a “critical friend” to the school leadership team.
Our Governors are:
Richard Bakker, Co-Head Teacher
Tess Fielden, Co-Head Teacher
Polly Desmond, Assistant Head Teacher, Staff Elected
Theresa Shaw, Chair, Community Governor
Amelia Beech, Community Governor
Stephen Roberts, Community Governor
Ann Thomas, Community Governor
Beth Clarke, Parent Elected
Rakhee Easley, Parent Elected
Sara Spear, Parent Elected
|Governor||Term Expires||Link Role|
20/09/2023 (as chair)
|Safeguarding and SEND|
|Amelia Beech||12/02/2024||PR and Comms|
|Stephen Roberts||12/07/2026||Pupil Premium|
|Ann Thomas||12/07/2026||Sports Premium|
|Beth Clarke||18/01/2026||Data and Assessment|
|Rakhee Easley||18/01/2026||Safeguarding and SEND|
The Local Governing Body meets at regularly points across the school year. Minutes of all meetings and committees are available in school.